SoundCloud is a very popular online audio distribution platform and music sharing website that allows users to share, upload, and promote audio. Started in 2007, SoundCloud has emerged as one of the largest music streaming services in the market. The music service has more than 175 million monthly users throughout the world. Available for both desktop and mobile device, the services of SoundCloud provides both free and paid membership on the platform.
Moreover, SoundCloud has been a motivating platform for the budding artists as they are able to distribute their work for free which can be accessed by users worldwide. SoundCloud can be easily accessed through your iPhone, Android, and Xbox. So, if you are using any of such devices, you can access SoundCloud with them after completing the activation process. To know how to access SoundCloud on these devices and complete the activation process, go through the information provided below.
Features of Soundcloud
- A large music library is available for everyone.
- You can follow your favorite artist.
- You can listen to songs according to genre and categories. Soundcloud already divides songs according to their genre.
- User can create their personal playlists on this.
- This app promotes new talent in their platform.
How to create an account in SoundCloud?
A Soundcloud account is needed for activating it. Follow the given procedure to create an account-
- First, visit the official Soundcloud website or app.
- Navigate Create account option at the top of your screen and click on it.
- Now a box will pop up on your screen, you have to select an option for creating your account –
- Create a strong password for your account.
- Now click on the “Accept & Continue” option for proceeding next steps.
See alsoHow to watch Cartoon Network on Apple TV or Android TV?
- Submit your age and gender in the respective field.
- Click on the continue option.
- Now create your display name and you can also submit your profile picture.
How to activate SoundCloud on Multiple devices?
First, you need to install the Soundcloud app from the App store. After installing, open the Soundcloud app, and you will be asked to sign in first. So sign in with your account credentials to get an activation code on your TV screen. Copy this code or pause your screen and move on to another device to submit this activation code.
Launch any browser on your device and visit the soundcloud.com/activate link. You might also be asked to log in first, submit the same existing account in this.
Now submit the activation code in the following field. It takes few seconds to complete the whole activation process.
Activate SoundCloud on Mobile phones (Soundcloud/activate)
- First, launch the App Store or Play Store by tapping on the icon (Make sure your device must have an internet connection).
- Go to the search icon (magnifying glass) and type “SoundCloud” in the empty field.
- When the SoundCloud app will appear on your search result, then simply select it.
- Click on the install button and wait until it completes all setups.
- After installing, launch the SoundCloud app.
- You have to submit your account credentials for proceeding with further steps.
- Once you logged in, an activation code will appear on your screen.
- Launch any browser and go to the soundcloud.com/activate link.
- Log in with the same account, which you earlier submit in the SoundCloud app (If asked).
- Now enter your activation code in the respective field. It takes few seconds to verify your activation code.
- After verification, you can enjoy SoundCloud on your Mobile phones.
Activate SoundCloud on Xbox One (Soundcloud/activate)
- Your Xbox one device must have an internet connection.
- Now locate the Microsoft store in your Xbox One.
- Go to the search bar and type “SoundCloud” by using an on-screen keyboard.
- Select official SoundCloud from the search result.
- Now you will be promoted to the SoundCloud app page, where you have to click on the Get option for downloading SoundCloud app on Xbox One.
- After installing, open the SoundCloud app.
- Sign in with your account credentials to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Move on to another device and visit the soundcloud.com/activate link from any browser.
- You will be asked to submit an activation code in the respective field. Simply enter the displayed code in the empty field.
- The activation process takes few seconds to complete.
Activate SoundCloud on Apple TV (Soundcloud/activate)
- Launch the App Store from the home screen.
- Go to the search bar and enter “SoundCloud” by using a virtual keyboard.
- When the Soundcloud app appears on your suggestion list, select it.
- Click on the install button and the installation process take few seconds.
- After completing, open the SoundCloud app.
- Follow all the upcoming prompts to get an activation code on your TV screen. Note it down somewhere.
- Launch any browser on your mobile or computer and visit www.soundcloud.com/activate for activation.
- Log in with the same account (If asked).
- Submit your activation code in the respective field.
- In few seconds, your activation will complete.
Activate SoundCloud on Android TV
- Turn on your Android TV and your TV must be connected to the internet.
- Launch the play store from the home screen.
- Find “SoundCloud” from the search bar.
- Select the official SoundCloud app from the suggestion list.
- You will proceed to the SoundCloud page.
- Click on the install button.
- Wait until your installation process finishes, then open the Soundcloud app.
- Sign in with your Soundcloud account, then an activation code will prompt on your TV screen. Simply copy that code or leave your screen at that moment.
- Move on to another device’s browser and type the soundcloud.com/activate link in the URL box.
- Log in with the same account, which you earlier access in the Soundcloud app.
- Enter the same displayed activation code in the respective field.
- In a while, your device will automatically activate.
Activate SoundCloud on Roku
Note- Currently, the Soundcloud app is not available for Roku devices. But that does not mean, you cannot access SoundCloud libraries and songs. Musiclouds channel offers Soundcloud on its app. Along with Soundcloud, you can also enjoy Jamendo and 8 tracks.com music playlist through it.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote and the menu option will prompt on your screen.
- Go to the search option from the menu.
- With the help of an on-screen keyboard enter “Musiclouds” in the empty field.
- Select Musiclouds app and you will proceed to its app page.
- Click on the Add Channel option for installing the Musiclouds app on the Roku device.
- When the installation process completes, a pop-up will prompt and click OK.
- Now you can access the Musiclouds channel by clicking it.
- Select the Soundcloud icon on the page.